8:00 – 5:00
Associate’s Degree RN Required 2 to 4 years of experience
Perform intrathecal pump refills, adjustments and complete physical assessments for pain and spasticity patients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Manage all aspects of patient care including:
- Refill and program intrathecal pump
- Provide comprehensive assessment with each patient interaction including learning needs of patient and their caregivers.
- Coordinate patient care with ordering physician and care team (case manager, social worker, pharmacist, dietician and reimbursement specialist)
- Initiates Start of Care, processes orders, notifies physician of patient needs and changes in condition.
- Determines if additional nursing services are needed for each patient.
- Regularly re-evaluates patients ability to complete ADL’s and seeks appropriate assistance from other departments and/or outside resources
- Assess intrathecal pump functionality at each visit and monitor for signs/symptoms of infection at pump and catheter site.
- Maintains patient records in compliance with HIPAA regulations and observes state guidelines for reassessment and plan of treatment
- Understands and adheres to established company policies and procedures.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities for the enhancement of care delivery.
- Complies with all Pentec Health Information Technology and Information Security policies and practices
- Expand clinical competence through participation in educational and/ communication opportunities, such as: Annual Road Show, Participate in Research, Active role in committees, Review and amend policy/procedures, Present one case study, Attend one course offering, Participate regional and departmental meetings.
- Provide and ensure quality care by, but not limited to: Assuming responsibility to remain current with policy and procedures; seeking assistance when needed; Coordinating visits in a timely and efficient manner; completing 30 day calls and assessments; or 30 day physical visits as required by state.
- Administer medications accurately using the 5 rights under Policy 7.0
- Assure telemetry uploaded to EMR on date of visit and complete paperwork associated with visit in timely manner
- Informs the physician and personnel of changes in the condition and needs of the patient and documents in EMR appropriately.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Volunteers for on-call duty nights, weekends, and holidays as assigned.
Non Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work flexible scheduled hours: days + call
- Perform other duties, special projects as assigned
- Assist members of the health care team as needed
- Complete chart audits
- Participates in peer review and performance improvement as assigned.
Skills, Competencies and Experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and be a resourceful, proactive problem solver
- Possess strong organizational and process skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work well and communicate effectively with multiple departments.
- Strong clinical background.
- 3 years clinical nursing experience required.
- ICU/ER/OR and Home care experience preferred.
Education, Certifications, Trainings:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse and the ability to become licensed in another state if needed
- CPR certification- active
- Intermediate computer skills with programs such as Microsoft Office, Suite: Outlook, Adobe PDF, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge of Smart phones