Job Title: Project Managers – Road Maintenance & Operations
Reports to: Regional Business Director of Infrastructure
We are seeking a Project Manager for our largest project, supporting Ottawa.
MUST HAVE ROADS MAINTENANCE & OPERATIONS EXPERIENCE – civil engineer background preferred.
PLEASE NOTE! While our Ottawa office is being opened, this position will require training at either our Sault Ste Marie or North Bay project site (whichever is closest to the new hire), for a 1+ months to ensure appropriate operational training, however, the position itself, will eventually hold permanant responsibility over our new project in our Ottawa office. Housing/hotel, and travel expenses, will be covered by the Company, for the temporary training.
To support and guide the operations at a road maintenance contract at Ontario, Canada, managing the contract and collaborating with the rest of the team at the project, achieving operational excellence in the service provided to the client in the most efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
· Analyze in detail, from a technical perspective, the current operation of the road maintenance contracts.
· Identify, plan, propose, support and lead, if necessary, the implementation of timely operational improvement actions aimed at obtaining a quality, efficient and profitable service, in accordance with the Project Manager and the rest of the management of Ferrovial Services, N.A., including fleet management actions, collaborating with the Procurement Department.
· Participate in operational analysis, including measures of effectiveness, manning requirements, reporting criteria and methodology and evaluation of needs, trends and response.
· Must have the ability to lead, plan & manage a large scale 24 hour operations program to include directing, instructing and supervising a large number of staff and diverse workgroups.
· Ability to interpret codes, implement policies and procedures, follow oral and written instructions, and experience in the use of computers and common computer programs
· Will provide operations enhancement recommendations to the Project Management Team/ Leadership, and client management as appropriate.
· Will assist Management and team(s) in the development of long and short-range strategic operational plans and budget analysis.
· Assist, as necessary, in the contact, negotiation and improvement of existing agreements with suppliers, subcontractors, and labor, ensuring that the agreements are carried out in an appropriate and efficient manner.
· Provide relevant information regarding the execution, evolution, development and future of the business, monitoring its progress in accordance with established objectives
· Ability to express themselves clearly in oral and written communications.
· Project Management experience, particularly within related infrastructure (road, tunnels, highways/interstates)
· MOT experience (Ministry of Transportation) – highly preferred, we will accept other related DOT experience, outside of Canada.
· Budgeting, and cost/financial acumen to manage a project and crew, is required.
· Knowledge of effective budget development/monitoring practices. Knowledge and experience in highway traffic operations and road maintenance techniques and management.
· Fleet management will be a surplus.
Minimum Education and Experience:
· Degree in one of the following disciplines: Engineering, (Civil Engineering highly preferred) / Transportation Management, Operations Analysis, which demonstrates the ability to perform this role.
· At least 5+ years of experience in road maintenance, fleet management
· Demonstrated success in keeping programs on schedule and within budget while meeting the performance goals of contracts managed, and in effectively managing multiple Team members; and
· Demonstrated management experience, especially with staff in different geographic locations.
Position offers a competitive base + annual bonus + relocation if required by candidate + company vehicle & fuel card