Fairview Health Services is seeking a Geriatric Medicine (Family Medicine) Physician to join Fairview Geriatric Services. Fairview Geriatric Services is a team of Geriatric Physicians and Nurse Practitioners who provide transitional care for post hospital patients and primary care medical services to those in LTC nursing home and assisted living facilities. Practice experience and leadership interest preferred but not required.
- Work in collaborative teams with NP and team coordinator to provide on-site care where people live.
- Meet the unique and growing needs of complex, frail, and special needs patients in care communities.
- Provide regular on site patient care visits, seeing an average of 15 patients per day.
- Physician/Provider Team accessibility via phone 24/7.
- Oversee and participate in the Health Care Home team.
- Openings: 0.8 FTE.
- Adhere to the patient and family centered values of the Health Care Home.
- As a Pioneer Accountable Care Organization (ACO), our physicians use a multidisciplinary team approach in managing clinical care.
- Fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EPIC).
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME/AOA Family Medicine residency training program.
- BC/BE with the ABMS or AOA.
- Licensed or ability to obtain licensure through the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice.
- Geriatric Fellowship or CAQ in Geriatrics preferred but not required.
- Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
With 22 lakes in the city limits alone, Minneapolis combines a lush green environment with cosmopolitan sophistication. Music, theater and world-class art, history and culture museums thrive here alongside abundant sports and recreation opportunities. Sidewalk dining, abundant shopping, educational excellence and economic vitality combine to make Minneapolis an attractive city in which to live and work.